Wine Tastings 11/29 – 12/2
Hi Wine Explorers!
We have a great lineup of wines on the barrel this week!
Thursday from 3-6pm, Nikki will take you on a tour of Australia, with five wines from five different regions:
- From McLaren Vale, Wirra Wirra’s “Scrubby Rise” Red and White shows off the incredible values that Australia can produce
- From the Barossa Valley, Langmeil’s “Three Gardens” is a Rhone-styled blend of Grenache, Syrah and Mouvedre. Langmeil is famed for having the oldest Shiraz vines on the planet!
- Clare Valley’s Jim Barry produces a Cabernet/Shiraz blend called Barry Brothers that’s a must-try!
- And finally, Yalumba makes some of the best-value Viognier on the planet!
Friday from 3-6pm, let Lauren guide you through five wines from five countries:
- South Africa’s DeWetshof “Limestone Hill” Chardonnay is a pure, unoaked wine that’s become a customer favorite!
- Little James Basket Press is a delicious Cote du Rhone from the famed St Cosme winery
- Castello di Bossi’s Chianti Chianti Classico is a long-time favorite of ours (as well as the critics, as this vintage was rated 93 points!)
- Paso Robles’ Ancient Peaks “Renegade” is a deep, rich and wonderful blend of Syrah, Petite SIrah, Zinfandel and Petite Verdot
- Finally, Santa Julia Malbec from Argentina is a fantastic example of why Malbecs are so popular right now!
And on Saturday and Sunday Anne and Michael will be pouring a “sneak peek” of our Top 10 wines for the holidays; coming soon to a newspaper near you!
See you in the store!
Yes, there really are kangaroos in the vineyards in Australia!
A much-younger Doug among the vines at Chianti’s Castello di Bossi